lørdag 4. februar 2012

Double trouble....

Suddenly I`m the happy owner of two RC-factory Sbachs, the 0.8m. and the 1m. -How did this happen? (If you ask my girlfriend she will probably say that I put both in the shopping cart...)



Well, here`s the story:
Just before Christmas I was in need of another indoor model, and started searching around on Rcgroups for something usefull. I usually only fly depron models because the handle much crisper than EPP. -I`ve tried several EPP models, and they have all been too bendy and unprecise for my liking.

Then one day I discovered that RC-Factory (link) had a new 0.8m. indoor EPP Sbach on the marked. This is made from 10mm. EPP and have some new contruction that keeps the weight down (170g. ready) and makes for a stiffer airframe than most EPP planes. (It is actually stiffer than som depron planes too.)

All the advertising and feedback on RCG sounded great and I orderd one from Elefun.no. They did not have it in stock, but it was supposed to be back in stock within a couple of weeks.

As promissed, a few weeks later the package landed at my doorstep. To my surprice the box contained the 1m. Sbach that RC-Factory also makes... -I emailed Elefun, and they offered me to send the model back, or keep it for a much reduced price. Having previously owned their 1m. Yak 55, I knew this was a great park aerobatic machine. (Technicaly I still own the Yak 55, but it is stored in Ny-Ålesund, which is a research community close to the North pole...)

-Checking my boxes of unused bits, I found matching servos,batteries,esc and etc. To make the story short, I accepted the deal and got the 1m. for half the cost of the 0.8m! -A few weeks later the indoor 0.8m arrived... I recommend both models wholehartly, they are great!

Kjell Sture.
(Who probably have a bit of explaining to do, when the significant other half come home from holiday)











Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar